Merrick from 1st Burnmoor Cubs, Durham has been using his litter picker to keep things tidy on his daily walks, and protecting the local wildlife.
To litter pick safely
- use a litter picker and protective gloves
- be careful of heavy things
- don’t pick up anything sharp
- don’t pick up poo
- dont litter pick on the road
- Always take a grownup to help
- wash your hands after litter picking and dont put your hands near your face
Have fun and enjoy making a difference
Well done Merrick
Here’s a message from the County Commissioner for Durham
If you’d like to send us a report about what you’ve been doing head to scout.radio/report for tips and tricks.